Make a prefix/suffix/root word PowerPoint at home and add to it every day just like we did during menu time! Have friends and family quiz you on words! Here are some good websites to start you off!
Go to Bookmobile! Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-11 AM. Stop by and say hi while checking out books! 5th graders going to Hadley are STILL welcome!
Summer Writing:Here are some summer writing topics that you can set a timer for and do a power write! Set the timer above and write in a special journal or type it up on the computer! These summer topics were found onthis website!
- What’s the most important thing you would like to do this summer?
- Summertime's great for the outdoors. Go for a walk. Write about the walk you went on.
- What is your favorite thing to do when you play outdoors in the summer?
- What is your favorite thing to do when you play inside? Why do you play inside in the summertime?
- If you could go on a summer vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- Make a list of groceries that you think mom or dad should buy for you from the store.
- Tell about an animal you would like to have for a pet.
- What would you do if there was a dragon stuck under your bed?
- What is the funniest thing that you have ever seen?
- What is something you would like to learn more about?
- What kind of pet do you think a teacher should get for their classroom?
- What is the best movie you have ever seen?
- Tell about your most favorite book. Explain why it is your favorite and if you would recommend it.
- Tell about your favorite holiday. Explain why it is your favorite.
- Tell about your favorite restaurant. Why is it your favorite?
- Write a poem about what you think next school year will be like.
- What is something you love about yourself and why?
- If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be and why?
- Make a list of the things you are most thankful for in your life.
- Which season do you like the most?? Why??
- Which season do you like the least, why????
- You just won $1,000,000. What are you going to do first?
- Tell about a time when you were kind to someone.
- Tell about your favorite song.
- Write a story about the mysterious zizzybaloobuh that you just found in your bathtub.
- What is something that makes you ANGRY!!!!! and why?
- Tell about your favorite sport.
- Tell about the last time you cried.
- What are you scared of and why?
- You found a magic wand! What would you do with it?
- Tell about your favorite food and why it is so good.
- Have a family member write something about you in your journal today.
- What would happen to you if you never went to school?
- In fifth/sixth grade, I want to learn about…
- This is a list of things I like to do when I can’t watch television or play video games.
- What would you like to say to President Obama?
- If a cat or dog could talk, what would they say?